Many thanks to thatfreespiritedblog.wordpress.com who took the time to notice my little words and nominate this blog. I don’t know what the origin of the Sisterhood of the World Blogger’s Award is, but I think it’s pretty cool to be nominated. I think it’s especially neat, because this honor is coming from a young woman who has some serious presence of her own mind. Watch out, she is a forceful voice of her generation. You can find her here:
Here are the rules for the award:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the Award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Now that you know the rules, here are my ten questions.
1. What inspires you in life? Sunny days at the lake and being with my kids.
2. If a famous person had to sponsor your blog, who would you want it to be? Pat Flynn the owner of Smart Passive Income, I listen to his podcasts constantly to learn more about online business, and he seems to be a “stand up kinda guy”. You can find him here: http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/
3. What is your favorite thing to blog about? Whatever is on my mind on any given day.
4. Out of all of the posts you’ve read, do you have a favorite or memorable one? Share with us what it is. This:
A lovely perspective from a single dad who really has his priorities in order. Dig this something fierce!
5. Dream Job? I am a Stay At Home Mom finally. My dream would be to never have to punch a clock or answer to a boss (unless, of course, that boss is my six year old who wants another yogurt). I guess you could say that I’m livin’ the dream!
6. Books you’ve read more than once and would recommend? The Poisonwood Bible, Barbara Kingsolver, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, John Berendt, Shalimar the Clown, Salman Rushdie
7. Who or what inspired you to blog? Tim Ferris in his book, The Four Hour Work Week
8. How do you spend your free time? Attempting combat yoga asanas with the help of my son and my puppy and hanging out with my daughters whenever I can.
9. Who is your idol? My daughter, Amy. She is the most humble, giving human being that I’ve ever met. She has the rare quality of mixing a giving heart with an inquisitive mind and wicked sense of humor.
10. What is one word to describe your personality and why? This! Because one word says so much!
Here are my Ten Questions for my Nominees:
1. Tell about something scary that you’ve done:
2. Would you continue to blog if there were no hope of monetization”?
3. What unique difficulties face the women of your generation?
4. What advice would you give your younger self?
5. What is your definition of “MORE”?
6. What color are your toes painted?
7. Which era should you have been born into?
8. Tell about your biggest and best mistake or failure that had a happy ending.
9. Ice cream: Chocolate, vanilla or something else?
10. How do you feel about being nominated for this award?
Drumroll please…My Seven Nominees
And finally, something I would like for all of my nominees to consider…
I did my due diligence about Word Press awards and I believe they do more good than harm. It really is an honor to share words with such a vibrant community. I’m beyond words when it comes to describing how it feels to be a small part of something so big.