Happy Sunday Morning in the Blogosphere!
Finally, I am taking the time to catch up with the rest of the World. I took some time off yesterday because my work meeting was cancelled and the sun was out. Time to christen the lake season early. While Blondie and I parked ourselves on a beach blanket, my Mister and his buddy, Pete, were attempting to get our hibernating jet ski up and running. The jet ski needs some parts (obsolete ones at that), so the big boys were out and about in Pete’s boat. They traversed the lake to the South and picked up Blondie and I at Sunset Cove.
Sunshine, wind in my hair, bouncing up and down on waves…it was wonderful and a little dream-like. It was heaven. Until I realized that sometimes you can have too much of a good thing. I got a little sick, like “throwing up my apple off of a dock “sick. Too much sun, surf and some dehydration bit me.
It didn’t bite me enough, I’ll try again at the next possible opportunity.
I’ll be posting today to Hunnedo.com about my new experiment with No-Poo. I haven’t shampooed my hair in over two weeks, and I’m pretty sure I’m finished with it. Of course in the interest of shameless cross-promotion, you will have to go there to read the article.
At the end of last week, Josh from My Friday Blog, posed some interesting questions in his article, Forward To the Past. He posed some questions with a Grown Up Survey for us all to copy and share to see what we have in common. It was kind of fun and I will be interested to see what other bloggers (you) have to say on the subject.
Josh’s Grown Up Survey
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Since I’ll be writing a large check to the IRS tomorrow, I’ll choose that one.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Last year, I got married in Las Vegas. The morning of the big event Mr. and I had breakfast at a Subway located up top of the Four Queens Casino on Freemont Street. The next day we had dinner at the Stratasphere which was amazing, but not as romantic as a our fast food omelets!
3. What do you really want to be doing right now?
I had a dream that I was on a cruise last night. I’ve never been on one, so I’ll say that.
4. How many colleges did you attend?
Three in person, one online. Still no degree, life keeps getting in the way.
5. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
White polo with my employers logo. I haven’t been off of work long.
6. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
Since oil prices drive my husbands employment and he is laid off…He works on oil rigs and many people are out of work because of gas prices.
7. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
I didn’t want to get up since I was on a cruise ship!
8. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
9. Do you miss being a child?
I miss being a sibling, my brother next in birth order was my best friend, but we’ve grown apart. I’d give anything to relive our back yard kickball games.
10. What errand/chore do you despise?
Any chore I’ve delegated that has been ignored. Please see my rant.
11. Get up early or sleep in?
12. Have you found real love yet?
My love for my children, I think it is the purest form of love. Romantic? I believe in love, but there are no such thing as fairy tales.
13. Favorite lunch meat?
Most of it, but please leave off liversausage and headcheese. Yuck
14. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
Dogfood. We have four large dogs.
15. Beach or lake?
Errrrrr….both? I like water and will add a nice pool to the question.
16. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Absolutely. Why health insurance and taxes are combined with marital status, I’ll never know.
17. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
18. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
19. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
And I blogged about it
20. Ever use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
21. Ring tone?
Generic right now, but I used to have the theme from Benny Hill.
22. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
In my car at lunch every day
23. Somewhere in California you’ve never been and would like to go?
Most of it. I’ve only driven around Lake Tahoe
23. Do you go to church?
Sometimes. It makes me feel good, I am a Christian, but a flawed one.
24. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
I just started both, so I’ll pass.
25. How old are you?
50 going on 12
26. Do you have a go-to person?
I need an entourage. I have Rebecca, my BFF. My daughters, and my Hubs.
27. Are you where you want to be in life?